located directly south of the abraham lincoln presidential museum & library in the historical downtown area of springfield, illinois, each one-of-a-kind artistic piece is created right in the shop in the back studio. customers are welcome to stop in for a visit and free coffee during open hours to learn more about how the art is created.
urban sassafras also hosts classes for "us kiddos" each month. pre-school age children can bring their grown-ups and work together to create delightful art projects for taking home or gifting. everyone will also enjoy a special seasonal treat and drink as they learn and play. additionally, if you prefer to craft at home, we provide our sassafras sets, which are a monthly craft subscription delivered directly to your door!
please visit the "shop hours" page so you will know when to come visit! we are so anxious and excited to see you!
Also Find Our Work On Display At:
- May 2014 :: Springfield Chamber Magazine
- March 2014 :: Springfield Business Journal
- January 2014 :: Best New Business (Retail) for Downtown Springfield
- July 2013 :: Springfield Business Journal Forty under 40
- May 2013 :: Springfield's Own Magazine
- February 2013 :: State Journal Register