here at urban sassafras you will find the artistic workings and choosings of cassandra pence ostermeier, a midwestern self-taught artist. her heart, soul and sweat have been poured into this shop where you will find wall decor, refurbished furniture, fine art photography, original paintings, unique jewelry, vintage collection pieces, and a whimsical children's section.
located on broadway in the historical downtown area of springfield, illinois, each one-of-a-kind artistic piece is created right in the shop in the back studio. customers are welcome to stop in for a visit and free coffee during open hours to learn more about how the art is created.
urban sassafras also hosts classes for "us kiddos" each month. pre-school age children can bring their grown-ups and work together to create delightful art projects for taking home or gifting. everyone will also enjoy a special seasonal treat and drink as they learn and play. additionally, if you prefer to craft at home, we provide our sassafras sets, which are a monthly craft subscription delivered directly to your door!
please visit the "shop hours" page so you will know when to come visit! we are so anxious and excited to see you!
- Every Saturday - Scavenger Hunt on our blog, www.THEsassafras.com
- 11.20.14 - Host with the Most US Kiddos Class
- 11.27 - 11.28.14 - Closed for Thanksgiving
- 11.29.14 - Shop Local Saturday / Holiday Open House
- 12.3.14 - Downtown Holiday Walk (5-8pm)
- 12.4.14 - Downtown Holiday Walk (5-8pm)
- 12.5 - 12.7.14 - Polar Express Pajama Party at The Legacy Theatre
- 12.10.14 - Downtown Holiday Walk (5-8pm)
- 12.11.14 - Happy Holiday US Kiddos Class
- 12.17.14 - Downtown Holiday Walk (5-8pm)
Also Find Our Work On Display At:
- May 2014 :: Springfield Chamber Magazine
- March 2014 :: Springfield Business Journal
- January 2014 :: Best New Business (Retail) for Downtown Springfield
- July 2013 :: Springfield Business Journal Forty under 40
- May 2013 :: Springfield's Own Magazine
- February 2013 :: State Journal Register